This blog will kick off with a few weeks much more exciting than my normal life. On December 23, my husband and I will head to Asia for three weeks.
- Dec 25: land in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Dec 26/27/28: Safari in Yala National Park
- Dec 28/29/30: Hiking and happiness above tea plantations in Ella
- Dec 30/31 and Jan 1: Explore the cultural capital of Sri Lanka, Kandy, and Lion's Rock.
- Jan 2: fly to Phuket, Thailand, and take a one hour speed boat to the secluded island of Koh Yao Noi. We will stay here for 7 days, and have excursions ranging from snorkeling reefs to elephant trekking in the jungle.
- Jan 8: Fly to Siem Reap, Cambodia. We will stay here for three days and explore Angkor Wat.
- Jan 11: Fly to Bangkok, Thailand. We will spend two days and nights seeing the city and temples.
- Jan 13: return to DC.
I look forward to taking you along on our trip through writing and photography.